Rana Daggubati to turn Bollywood film producer
- Real estate bill: BJP hits back at Rahul Gandhi, asks if he visited hail-affected farmers in Amethi
- Mumbai: Assistant sub-inspector shoots senior, self in Vakola police station
- Moga bus molestation: Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh orders Orbit buses off the road amid protests
- Three killed, 16 injured in accident at Harduaganj thermal station
- Amarnath Yatra: Nirmal Singh hits back at Geelani, says separatists have become 'irrelevant'
He is just two-films-old in Bollywood. But Telugu star Rana Daggubati is already planning to turn producer for Hindi films.
"I have plans to produce movies in Hindi but not as a remake. But I am definitely looking at producing good entertaining Hindi films. There is a whole slate that we are working on...hopefully by next year we would put it in progress. Hopefully, next year you would see me producing a film in Bollywood," said Rana.
It was last year, when the 27-year-old made his acting debut in B-town with Rohan Sippy's crime film, 'Dum Maro Dum', alongside Abhishek Bachchan, Bipasha Basu, Aditya Pancholi and Prateik Babbar. The film got a mixed response at the box office.
His next Hindi release is Ram Gopal Varma's action drama 'Department' (May 18) alongside Amitabh Bachchan and Sanjay Dutt.
Ask him if he is trying to learn the nuances of being a producer in Bollywood by way of acting here, Rana says, "Production wherever in the world is pretty much same. Ultimately to get out the content in the right possible way is what a producer has to do. So being an actor it gives me a better understanding in that zone."
Rana is the son of prolific film producer Suresh Babu Daggubati, who has produced several Telugu films.