Ranbir Kapoor 'finally' does a love story with Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
After a couple of relatively heavy duty love stories, Ranbir Kapoor would finally be letting his hair down. If the First Look of his upcoming Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani is any indication, he is finally all set for a film that allows him to be a 'regular and normal' youngster in a 'fun love story' setup.
"Both Barfi! and Rockstar, despite being successes, had a lot of serious undertones to them. While in Barfi! he had to really put himself in a lot of emotional stress, Rockstar didn't even allow him to smile for a large part of the film, leave aside giving him any space to have fun.
Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani seems to allow that. Call it the candyfloss world of Karan Johar films but finally Ranbir is playing his age and is taking a break from roles where he is required to go through a lot of mental and physical stress", says a source attached to the film.
In fact this is his first ever film where it is expected that some true blue conventional 'hero-heroine' romance that would rule the roost.
"Anjaana Anjaani had a sad element to it since his character had suicidal tendencies. Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani was basically a comedy. In Bachna Ae Haseeno he was hardly shown to be in love and was casually flirting around. As for Saawariya, it was about one sided love", said a source.
However the makers of Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani vouch for the fact that Ranbir Kapoor would be 'loving' like never before while director Ayan Mukerji too has taken a route different from his debut flick Wake Up Sid.
"Well, all I can say for now is that it is a lovely love story", said Karan Johar.
And we were almost expecting the tagline for the film to read - 'It's all about loving your loved ones'!
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express