Ranbir Kapoor's Bombay Velvet to release on Christmas next year
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
Following the footsteps of biggies who release their films during festival season, actor Ranbir Kapoor Bombay Velvet is also going to hit the screens next Christmas.
Superstars Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan have always cashed on the festival season, be it Diwali, Eid or Christmas to release their films.
"The shooting for Bombay Velvet will begin mid-July. We have decided to release the film during Christmas 2014. The film is fit for the festive period," Vikas Bahl of Phantom Films, co-producers of the movie, told PTI.
Keeping date with the festival season, Aamir is releasing Dhoom 3 during Christmas as he had earlier released films like Taare Zameen Par, Ghajini and 3 Idiots which turned out to be blockbusters.
Actor Salman Khan's superhit film Dabangg 2 too hit the screens during the festival season last year. In 2011, Shah Rukh Khan came up with Don 2 during the festival season.
Bombay Velvet, directed by Anurag Kashyap, is based on historian Gyan Prakash's book Mumbai Fables.
The film is set in the 60s and the filmmaker will recreate the Bombay of 60s in Sri Lanka.
Ranbir and Anushka Sharma are playing a romantic couple for first time in the film that chronicles the city's evolution through the early post-colonial decades.
Filmmaker Karan Johar will be essaying a negative role in the film.