Ranbir Kapoor is brand ambassador for BlackBerry phones
- Muslim women beaten up in Madhya Pradesh over beef rumours
- Harish Rawat confirms Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district
- GST Bill: Uncertainty continues as States don’t agree on rate
- Cow was killed by lion, not Dalit men flogged by gau rakshaks: CID
- How Governor Raghuram Rajan had his way on venue for RBI interviews
Blackberry smartphone maker Research-In-Motion has roped in Ranbir Kapoor as its brand ambassador in India, a move that is aimed at attracting young entrepreneurs and professionals.
"This is the first time we have signed a celebrity in India as brand ambassador. Given BlackBerry brand positioning in the country and whole association with youth segment as well as young entrepreneur, professionals, we thought there is right fit to have Ranbir as our brand ambassador," RIM India Managing Director Sunil Dutt said.
He said celebrity endorsement is an accepted norm in India in terms of youth and consumer association with brand.
Dutt said RIM India follows global strategies but induction of a celebrity for endorsing brand has been done to do meet local market requirements.
"Its a kind of very positive sentiment building up among consumers. Our latest brand positioning in India is very action oriented. The connect for India has been building up and local relevance has also been building up over time," he said.
RIM India has roped in Kapoor at a time when it is gearing up to announce BlackBerry 10 version devices on January 30, 2013.
Dutt said RIM has signed the agreement for two years initially with the Bollywood celebrity and Kapoor will be seen endorsing BlackBerry devices in second half of January.
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation
- Poor infrastructure not outdated syllabi — is what ails Indian universities
- India will have to get its act together on urban water
- Qandeel Baloch’s murder: Men craft, interpret and adjudicate over family laws in the subcontinent
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines