Ranbir Kapoor to co-produce Bombay Velvet
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Post taking Bollywood by storm with his acting prowess, Ranbir Kapoor who has been talking about venturing into the field of film production has finally taken the leap. In fact the actor, who is currently working on Besharam, will be teaming up with Phantom films for Anurag Kashyap's most ambitious project, Bombay Velvet.
Initially Ranbir was roped in to play the lead role in the film; however later seeing the actor's involvement in the filming process, the makers requested him to join them in producing the film. Apparently, Ranbir on the other hand was more than happy to join in as co-producer.
To facilitate the inclusion of the Kapoor lad, Anurag has been having several meetings with the film's presenters Viacom 18. With a budget of approximately Rs. 95 crores, Bombay Velvet, based on historian Gyan Prakash's Mumbai Fables, is the story of how the city became a metropolis against the backdrop of love, greed, violence and jazz music. The film is a part of a trilogy that aims at recreating Bombay of the 50s, 60s and 70s and co-stars Anushka Sharma.