Ranbir Kapoor to co-produce Bombay Velvet
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Post taking Bollywood by storm with his acting prowess, Ranbir Kapoor who has been talking about venturing into the field of film production has finally taken the leap. In fact the actor, who is currently working on Besharam, will be teaming up with Phantom films for Anurag Kashyap's most ambitious project, Bombay Velvet.
Initially Ranbir was roped in to play the lead role in the film; however later seeing the actor's involvement in the filming process, the makers requested him to join them in producing the film. Apparently, Ranbir on the other hand was more than happy to join in as co-producer.
To facilitate the inclusion of the Kapoor lad, Anurag has been having several meetings with the film's presenters Viacom 18. With a budget of approximately Rs. 95 crores, Bombay Velvet, based on historian Gyan Prakash's Mumbai Fables, is the story of how the city became a metropolis against the backdrop of love, greed, violence and jazz music. The film is a part of a trilogy that aims at recreating Bombay of the 50s, 60s and 70s and co-stars Anushka Sharma.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it