Ranbir Kapoor to play legendary Kishore Kumar
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Actor Ranbir Kapoor, who would be seen as actor-singer Kishore Kumar in Anurag Basu's biopic, says he carries a huge responsibility essaying the role but he won't sing in the film.
"Everyone knows Kishore Kumar was a great singer and an actor. Its a great opportunity to do a biopic on him. But at the same time it is my duty as an actor to do full justice to my role and the film. It is a huge responsibility," Ranbir told reporters here at the press conference of color screen awards here.
Kishore Kumar was one of the finest playback singers of his time and gave several golden melodies to Indian cinema lending his voice to many popular actors including Rajesh Khanna, Dharmendra, Amitabh Bachchan, Rishi Kapoor, Shashi Kapoor among others.
But Ranbir has no intention to don the singer's cap.
"I will not sing in the film. But we will use his songs. I will try and look, act like him. I will adopt his nuances and mannerisms," he said.
Ranbir feels a singer contributes a lot in an actor's journey.
"He has sung songs for my father. While doing 'Bachna Ae Haseeno' I got the opportunity to sing few lines that were sung by him originally. I feel singers contribute a lot in actors life... They must be given credit for their work," he said.