Ranbir Kapoor wants to play a bad guy
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
Actor Ranbir Kapoor says he wants to move away from his popular boy-next-door image and play a negative character on-screen.
"I want to play the role of a villain. I like Mogambo. There is something really exciting about villains.. they have beautiful girls around them every time, have lots of money and all the luxuries," Ranbir said.
"Villains have the best life.. I really want to play a bad guy. But the only thing is they have to get beaten up by the hero in the end...but then it is ok," he said.
At a time when big stars like Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgn are doing remakes, the 30-year-old actor is not keen on treading a similar path.
"I believe today times are changing in our industry and filmmakers are coming up with interesting subjects. So I feel why do something which has already been done by someone.. why not do something new and different. I don't believe in remakes," Ranbir said.
"I don't think I would be able to do justice if I become a part of any of my dad's or Mr Amitabh Bachchan's remake films. I won't be able to do what they did," he said.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might