Ranbir Kapoor wants to play a bad guy
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Actor Ranbir Kapoor says he wants to move away from his popular boy-next-door image and play a negative character on-screen.
"I want to play the role of a villain. I like Mogambo. There is something really exciting about villains.. they have beautiful girls around them every time, have lots of money and all the luxuries," Ranbir said.
"Villains have the best life.. I really want to play a bad guy. But the only thing is they have to get beaten up by the hero in the end...but then it is ok," he said.
At a time when big stars like Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgn are doing remakes, the 30-year-old actor is not keen on treading a similar path.
"I believe today times are changing in our industry and filmmakers are coming up with interesting subjects. So I feel why do something which has already been done by someone.. why not do something new and different. I don't believe in remakes," Ranbir said.
"I don't think I would be able to do justice if I become a part of any of my dad's or Mr Amitabh Bachchan's remake films. I won't be able to do what they did," he said.
Ranbir will be seen next in Ayan Mukherjee's 'Yeh Jawani Hai Diwani' opposite former girlfriend Deepika Padukone, followed by Abhinav Kashyap's 'Besharam' and Anurag Kashyap's 'Bombay Velvet'.