Ranbir Kapoor's 'Besharam' registers a drastic fall on Day 2
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
Ranbir Kapoor's much-awaited 'Besharam', which released on Wednesday (October 2), has fallen flat on the box office after getting off to a super start on Day 1
The film, which earned Rs 21 crores on the opening day, managed a mere rs 7 crore on Day 2.
Reports suggest that it is the negative word of mouth has led to a drastic fall in the business on Day 2.
The cracks had begun to appear on the opening day itself, when the evening/night shows did not perform at all.
The film's grand opening could be attirbuted to a few factors - superstar Ranbir Kapoor's next outing post successful 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani' plus a National holiday combined with 'Dabangg' director Abhinav Kashyap's second outing.
The movie which was panned by critics as an aimless image. Indian Express' critic Shubhra Gupta in her review said even the 'talented Ranbir Kapoor couldn't save this one.'
The movie directed by Abhinav Kashyap had a casting coup of sorts with all the three Kapoors - Ranbir, Rishi and Neetu together. But their magic couldn't help sail the movie. (With Bollywood Hungama inputs)