Ranbir’s Besharam to take off in December
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
Shaadi mandaps, it seems, are fast becoming a popular backdrop in a Ranbir Kapoor romcom. One of his upcoming film will have the actor falling head-over-heels for his heroine at one such wedding scene.
Not so long ago, Screen had reported about how Ranbir's character will be seen getting besotted with his lady love, played by Deepika Padukone in Ayan Mukherjee's Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani; Cupid strikes the actor in YJHD at Kalki Koechlin's wedding. Interestingly, in Abhinav Kashyap's Besharam too, the actor will be seen falling in love with his heroine, Pallavi Sharda (of Love Breakups Zindagi fame) at a marriage celebration.
Says an insider associated with the project, "Ranbir and Pallavi meet at a common friend's wedding. And it's love-at-first-sight for the pair at the traditional sangeet ceremony; they become good friends, which is the beginning of any relationship." A song and dance sequence will be shot with Kapoor and Sharda dressed in North Indian ethnic attires, doing a desi dance.
The movie, which is still under pre-production, goes on floor on December 10 with this wedding sequence. For the same, a set has been erected in Film City, Mumbai. l
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon