Randhir Kapoor keen on reviving RK Films banner
- Dalit student suicide: Protests erupt in Hyd, Cong demands sacking of Dattatreya, Irani
- Behind Dalit student suicide: how his campus showed him the door
- SC restrains Centre from disinvesting further shares in Hindustan Zinc in favour of Vedanta
- Ganga projects: Uma Bharti objects but Prakash Javadekar rejects
- Grieving Mehbooba Mufti introduces brother to party, politics
Actor-director Randhir Kapoor says he is keen to revive RK Films, the banner established by his filmmaker father Raj Kapoor.
"Very soon RK Films will start producing many films in a year with new directors, music composers and actors. They will help us to understand the psyche of today's audience. We will keep you entertaining the way we have been doing from the past 80 years," Randhir told PTI.
Raj Kapoor established RK Films in 1948. The first film under the banner Aag was a failure but Raj Kapoor found success with Barsaat, which also became its logo.
He then went on to direct films like Awara, Boot Polish, Jagte Raho, Shri 420 and many others for the banner.
When Raj Kapoor died in 1988 in the middle of shooting Henna, Randhir took over the studio. The last film under the banner was Aa Ab Laut Chalen in 1999.
Randhir, 66, directed three film - Henna, Dharam Karam, Kal Aaj Aur Kal - with the banner.
Asked if he would direct any other film under the banner when it will be revived, the actor said, "I should have directed more but I am a lazy person and have taken a
Randhir made his acting and directorial debut with Kal Aaj Aur Kal, which also starred his wife Babita, father Raj Kapoor and grandfather Prithviraj Kapoor.
He gave three consecutive hit films Jeet, Raampur Ka Lakshman and Jawani Diwani.
"I am very happy and satisfied with my Bollywood journey. I am a happy man. Both my children (Kareena and Karisma) are doing well. I don't do much work these days. I don't work to earn my livelihood anymore," he said.
Randhir is now seen in light-hearted films like 'Housefull', 'Housefull 2' and 'Action Replayy'.
"Now, I can't play the kind of characters I played in my days. I like the directors I have worked with. They respect me and Sajid (Khan) had even told me that he wrote Dabboo Kapoor's character in Housefull 2 keeping me in mind. All these mean a lot to me," he said.
- Risk taking, experimentation and teamwork must also infect government machinery
- New mobile towers, better roads are making a difference in Bastar
- Raja-Mandala: Re-imagining the Middle East
- My birth is my fatal accident
- Yes, Delhi, it worked
- Reduction in interest burden could prevent more companies heading towards bankruptcy