Rani Mukherjee's brother arrested for molesting screenwriter
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Bollywood actress Rani Mukherjee's brother Raja was arrested today for allegedly abducting and molesting a script writer in his car as she narrated a story for a film, in suburban Andheri, police said.
Raja was booked under IPC section 363 (Punishment for kidnapping) and 354 (Assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), police said adding that the accused was arrested from his house in wee hours today. He was produced before a local court, which granted him bail on a personal bond of Rs 10,000, police said.
The victim, who is also a small time model, had been working on a project and wanted to narrate a script to actress Rani Mukherjee, though she failed to get an appointment with the actress.
According to the victim, Rani stated that she was busy with her new movie "Aiyyaa" and asked the script writer to meet her brother Raja.
"When contacted, Raja asked the victim to meet him. Accordingly, they met yesterday and Raja took her to Char Bungalow area in Andheri in his car. The victim claimed that while she was narrating the story, Raja misbehaved with her and even kissed her in the car," an officer at the Versova police station said.
The victim then mentioned the incident to her parents after which she lodged a complaint at the Versova police station.