Rani Mukherjee's brother arrested for molesting screenwriter
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
Bollywood actress Rani Mukherjee's brother Raja was arrested today for allegedly abducting and molesting a script writer in his car as she narrated a story for a film, in suburban Andheri, police said.
Raja was booked under IPC section 363 (Punishment for kidnapping) and 354 (Assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), police said adding that the accused was arrested from his house in wee hours today. He was produced before a local court, which granted him bail on a personal bond of Rs 10,000, police said.
The victim, who is also a small time model, had been working on a project and wanted to narrate a script to actress Rani Mukherjee, though she failed to get an appointment with the actress.
According to the victim, Rani stated that she was busy with her new movie "Aiyyaa" and asked the script writer to meet her brother Raja.
"When contacted, Raja asked the victim to meet him. Accordingly, they met yesterday and Raja took her to Char Bungalow area in Andheri in his car. The victim claimed that while she was narrating the story, Raja misbehaved with her and even kissed her in the car," an officer at the Versova police station said.
The victim then mentioned the incident to her parents after which she lodged a complaint at the Versova police station.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer