Rani's film with Prithviraj titled Aaiya
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
Rani Mukerji's film with South star Prithviraj has been titled Aaiya (an exclamation of surprise). The movie is a quirky love story between a Maharashtrian girl, played by Rani, and a South Indian (Prithviraj). Aaiya is set in Mumbai, and for the first time we will see Rani playing a typical Marathi girl dressed in simple salwar suits and spouting dialogues in the language. In fact the actress is presently in the prep mode working with a tutor to get the diction, body language and nuances of her character right. "It's a very simple story, but hilarious. In fact, Rani cracked up several times during the narration," said a source close to the actress.
Aaiya is helmed by Sachin Kundalkar, a Marathi film director who was a recipient of the National Award for his film Nirop released in 2008, while his next film, Gandh, won a lot of critical acclaim. "Sachin is making his debut in Hindi films with Aaiya, but acting in debutant directors" films has never been an issue with Rani if she likes a script," added the source.