Rani's film with Prithviraj titled Aaiya
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Rani Mukerji's film with South star Prithviraj has been titled Aaiya (an exclamation of surprise). The movie is a quirky love story between a Maharashtrian girl, played by Rani, and a South Indian (Prithviraj). Aaiya is set in Mumbai, and for the first time we will see Rani playing a typical Marathi girl dressed in simple salwar suits and spouting dialogues in the language. In fact the actress is presently in the prep mode working with a tutor to get the diction, body language and nuances of her character right. "It's a very simple story, but hilarious. In fact, Rani cracked up several times during the narration," said a source close to the actress.
Aaiya is helmed by Sachin Kundalkar, a Marathi film director who was a recipient of the National Award for his film Nirop released in 2008, while his next film, Gandh, won a lot of critical acclaim. "Sachin is making his debut in Hindi films with Aaiya, but acting in debutant directors" films has never been an issue with Rani if she likes a script," added the source.
The movie, which is being produced by Anurag Kashyap, will start in the first week of October, and the shooting will continue till December 17. Aaiya will be shot in locations like Pune, Lonavala and Mumbai.