Ranji Trophy: Haryana earn three points against Uttar Pradesh
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
A slender first-innings lead of 49 runs proved to be crucial for Haryana as it helped them take three points from their Group B Ranji Trophy match against Uttar Pradesh, here today.
The hosts, despite posting 348 in their second essay, had to be content with a point.
From individual performances' point of view, Uttar Pradesh's wicketkeeper-batsman Eklavya Dwivedi hogged the limelight with a 193-ball 121, the 24-year-old's maiden first-class century.
He found the fence 15 times while spending 271 minutes at crease. Dwivedi was 51 overnight in a team score of 217 for four at the Dr Akhilesh Das Stadium.
Parvinder Singh, unbeaten on 45 yesterday evening, made 64 with the help of eight fours.
In their second innings, Haryana ambled to 106 for three in 43 overs, with opener Nitin Saini leading the batting with a knock of 68 off 113 balls. He hit eight fours and a six.
In reply to Uttar Pradesh' first-innings total of 227, Haryana had made 276.
The hosts produced a better batting display in the second innings but there was not enough time to force an outright result.
Uttar Pradesh: 227 and 348 (Eklavya Dwivedi 121, parvinder Singh 64; Harshal Patel 4/100)
Haryana: 276 and 106 for three in 43 overs (Nitin Saini 68).
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry