Ranji trophy: J&K end Day 1 on 240/7 against Assam
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
Medium pacer Arup Das scalped four wickets before Parvez Rassol scored a fine half century to guide Jammu and Kashmir to 240 for seven at the end of the opening day's play against Assam in a Ranji Trophy Group C match here today.
Arup registered impressive figures of four for 58 to emerge as the star performer with the ball for Assam at the Nehru Stadium.
In reply, Rasool shone with the bat for the visitors with a 88-ball 67-run knock during which he hit eight boundaries and one six.
Hardeep Singh (39), Bandeep Singh (36)and Ram Dayal also got starts but failed to make them count.
At stumps, wicket-keeper Obaid Haroon was unbeaten on 35 while giving him company at the other end was Waseem Raza on 12.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly