Ranji trophy: J&K end Day 1 on 240/7 against Assam
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- Point of no return: Death of former militant's wife brings to fore administrative delays
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- Elections LIVE 2014: Rahul could not manage Amethi, how will he manage the nation, asks Modi
Medium pacer Arup Das scalped four wickets before Parvez Rassol scored a fine half century to guide Jammu and Kashmir to 240 for seven at the end of the opening day's play against Assam in a Ranji Trophy Group C match here today.
Arup registered impressive figures of four for 58 to emerge as the star performer with the ball for Assam at the Nehru Stadium.
In reply, Rasool shone with the bat for the visitors with a 88-ball 67-run knock during which he hit eight boundaries and one six.
Hardeep Singh (39), Bandeep Singh (36)and Ram Dayal also got starts but failed to make them count.
At stumps, wicket-keeper Obaid Haroon was unbeaten on 35 while giving him company at the other end was Waseem Raza on 12.
Jammu and Kashmir: 240 for seven in 90 overs (Parvez Rasool 67, Hardeep Singh 39; Arup Das 4/58).