Ranji trophy: Jammu and Kashmir have upperhand against Kerala
- Lok Sabha elections: 11 parties come together to defeat Cong, counter Modi, say they are the 'first front'
- RJD rebellion fizzles out, Lalu Prasad takes nine MLAs to Speaker
- Shinde U-turn: âAnger directed at social media'
- Supreme Court rejects exemption plea, Subrata Roy to appear tomorrow
- AAP gears up for LS polls, party to add gas pricing issue in manifesto to target BJP, Cong
Jammu and Kashmir seamers Parvez Rassol and Mohammed Mudhasir took three wickets apiece as the visitirs got an all-important first innings lead against Kerala in a Ranji Trophy Group C match here today.
In reply to Jammu and Kashmir's first innings total of 215, Kerala were all out for a meagre 163 in 66.4 overs thereby taking a first innings lead of 52 runs.
Rassol took three for 66 while Mudhasir grabbed three for 15.
In the second innings, the visitors were 68 for three with first innings centurion Ian Dev Singh batting on 34. Ian Dev faced 66 balls with six boundaries.
The total lead for Jammu and Kashmir is now 120 runs.
In the morning, Kerala seemed to be cruising along as Rohan Prem (41) and Robert Fernandes (48) added 56 runs for the third wicket before Prem was dismissed.
Fernandes and Sachin Baby (21) added another 40 runs as Kerala were in a comfortable position at 124 for three before the slide started. The home team lost seven wickets for 39 runs.
Jammu and Kashmir 215 & 68/3 (I D Singh 34 batting).
Kerala 163 in 66.4 overs (Robert Fernandes 48, Rohan Prem 41, Pervez Rassol 3/66, Mohammed Mudhasir 3/15).
- Microsoft warns XP users to ‘move on’
- Girl with learning disability gets relief, won’t lose academic year
- Gujarat Cong says BJP bought its MLAs, stages walkout from House
- IMG lets Hindalco, Essar Power retain Mahan coal block
- RTO to webcast auto licence lottery today
- New policy seeks to allow cell towers beyond 3 metres of hospitals, schools