Ranji trophy: Jammu Kashmir defeat Kerala by 74 runs
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Accurate bowling by Jammu and Kashmir's Parvez Rasool (5/43) and M Gupta(5/26) helped their team to dismiss Kerala for 129 in their second innings and fetch them a 76-runs victory on the penultimate day of their four-day Ranji Trophy Group C match, here today.
Needing 204 for an outright win, Kerala batsmen failed to negotiate Rasool and Gupta, who bowled accurately and did not give a chance to the Kerala batsmen to make a recovery at the Perinthalmanna cricket stadium ground.
Kerala were bundled out in their second innings for a paltry score of 129. Openers Abhishek Hegde 22 and V A Jagadeesh 25 were the main scorers.
Earlier, resuming at their overnight score of 68/3 in their second innings, JK could add only 83 more runs before being all out for 151. Obaid Ahmed chipped in with 32 and Ian Dev Singh scored 37, while Kerala's Prashant captured 5 wickets conceding only 16 runs, and Sreejith claimed 3/56.
With this win JK bagged six points.
JK: 215 and 151 ( I D Singh 37, O Ahmed 32, Prashant 16/5, Sreejith 56/3, R Prem 29/2)
Kerala: 163 and 129 (A M Hegde 22, V A Jagadeesh 25, P Rasool 43/5, M Gupta 26/5).
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties