Ranji trophy: Karnataka, Orissa share honours on day 2
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
Karnataka batsmen struggled against a spirited Orissa bowling attack as they managed to put up a modest 213 to take a paltry 11-run first innings lead on the second day of their Ranji Trophy match here today.
The hosts though had something to celebrate towards the end as they had Orissa struggling at 30 for two in their second innings. The visitors had score 202 in first innings.
Experienced paceman R Vinay Kumar cleaned up Orissa opener Sandeep Mulia (0) and Niranjan Bahera (4) to end the day on a high for the hosts.
Alok Sahoo (16) and G B Podder (8) will resume the Orissa innings tomorrow.
Resuming the day with the overnight score of 16 for loss, Karnataka batsmen were found wanting against the gentle pace of Deepak Behera and Lagnajit Samal, while they had little answers for part-timer Biplab Samantaray's bowling.
Behera (3/46) was the highest wicket-taker with three scalps while Samantaray (2/40) and Samal (2/8) took two wickets apiece.
Uthappa, who shaped 59 runs partnership for first wicket with K B Pawan, made 43 and was the top scorer while most of the other batsmen failed to cross 30s.
Pawan (25) and Uthappa fell to Sahoo and Samantaray respectively, leaving Karnataka 95 for two at lunch.
Two quick wickets of in-form batsmen Manish Pandey (8) and Ganesh Satish (19) soon after lunch hurt Karnataka.
Behera then picked up Stuart Binny for 12. Samantaray and Samal chipped in with one wicket each reducing the home side to 183 for six at tea.
Samal celebrated Amita Verma's wicket cleaning him up for 26.