Ranji Trophy: Mumbai tightens grip against host Saurashtra
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Mumbai amassed 606 runs for five wickets and then reduced host Saurashtra to 47 for two on the second day of four-day Ranji Trophy group `A' match at SCA stadium Khandheri here.
Aditya Tare and Rohit Sharma continued to frustrate the hosts, adding 278 runs for the third wicket. Tare made 222 runs, facing 417 balls with 31 fours and a six, while Sharma's 166 came off 254 balls with 16 fours and five sixes.
Sharma was the first man to be dismissed today, off Nayan Doshi, while off-spinner Kamlesh Makwana brought Tare's marathon innings to end.
Abhishek Nayar on 69 (84 balls) and Ankit Chavan (21) were at the crease when Mumbai skipper Ajit Agarkar declared the innings at 606.
For Saurashtra, Makwana took two wickets conceding 129 runs while Saurya Sanandiya, Nayan Doshi and Jaydev Shah had a wicket each.
The hosts had a shaky start losing Bhushan Chauhan (1) and Sagar Jogiyani (4) early. Skipper Agarkar provided first breakthrough removing Chauhan while Dhaval Kulkarni sent in-form Jogiyani back to the pavilion.
Skipper Jaydev Shah (batting 28) and Sitanshu Kotak (batting 6) avoided further damage as Saurashtra still need another 409 runs to avoid follow on.
Mumbai 606 for 5 declared (Aditya Tare 222, Rohit Sharma 166, Kamlesh Makwana 2 for 129) against Saurashtra 47 for 2 (Jaydev Shah batting 28, Sitanshu Kotak batting 6).
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express