Ranji trophy: Saurashtra 323/2 in reply to Gujarat's 600/9 decl
- Malaysia signals missing plane carrying 239 including 5 Indians has crashed
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
Unbeaten centuries by Sagar Jogiyani and Ravindra Jadeja helped Saurashtra reach 323 for two in their first innings at stumps on day three in reply to Gujarat's 600 for nine in a Ranji Trophy A match here today.
Saurashtra now trail Gujarat by 277 runs with eight wickets still in hand.
Only two wickets fell on the entire day after Saurashtra resumed on 42 for no loss at the Lalabhai Contractor Stadium.
At the draw of stumps, Jogiyani was not out on 116 off 265 balls with the help of 15 fours, while Jadeja was unbeaten on 119 off 183 balls, studded with 15 fours and two sixes.
Saurashtra lost both their overnight batsmen – Chirag Pathak and Bhushan Chauhan -- early, but Jogiyani and Jadeja did not let the visitors' down.
The duo put on an unbeaten 203-run stand together for the third wicket to keep alive Saurashtra's chances of earning three points on the basis of first innings lead in a match that is heading for a draw.
After Pathak added only three runs to his overnight score of 24, his opening partner Chauhan also failed to last long as he got out for 43 after resuming the day on 18.
But Jogiyani and Jadeja denied anymore wickets to the host bowlers.
For Saurashtra, Rakesh Dhurv (1/53) and Ishwar Chaudhary (1/87) took wickets apiece.
Gujarat 1st innings: 600 for nine declare
Saurashtra 1 st innings: 323 for two in 102 overs (Sagar Jogiyani not out 116, Ravindra Jadeja not out 119; Rakesh Dhurv 1/53).