Ranji Trophy: Services in command, bowl out Assam for 182
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Medium pacer Suraj Yadav scalped four wickets as Services produced a lethal bowling display to bundle out Assam for 182 runs in their first innings at stumps on the opening day of their four-day Ranji Trophy Group C match here today.
Yadav starred with the ball for Services with figures of 4-58, while Nishan Singh (2-34), Shahdab Nazar (2-40) and Yashpal Sinha (2-10) picked up two wickets apiece to spell the doom for Assam.
Assam struggled miserably at the Palam ground here as none of their batsmen could reach the 30-run mark. Four batsmen of the visiting team got starts but fizzled out in their 20s.
Opener Pallav Kumar Das (27), Tarjinder Singh (29), Rajdeep Das (26) and Dhiraj Goswami (22) all made decent stars but failed to prolong their stays at the crease.
In reply, Services were 11 for no loss with skipper Soomik Chatarjee batting on six while the other opener Praitk Desai retired hurt on four.