Ranji Trophy: Services in command, bowl out Assam for 182
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Glen Maxwell plays another blinder, leads KXIP to stunning win
Medium pacer Suraj Yadav scalped four wickets as Services produced a lethal bowling display to bundle out Assam for 182 runs in their first innings at stumps on the opening day of their four-day Ranji Trophy Group C match here today.
Yadav starred with the ball for Services with figures of 4-58, while Nishan Singh (2-34), Shahdab Nazar (2-40) and Yashpal Sinha (2-10) picked up two wickets apiece to spell the doom for Assam.
Assam struggled miserably at the Palam ground here as none of their batsmen could reach the 30-run mark. Four batsmen of the visiting team got starts but fizzled out in their 20s.
Opener Pallav Kumar Das (27), Tarjinder Singh (29), Rajdeep Das (26) and Dhiraj Goswami (22) all made decent stars but failed to prolong their stays at the crease.
In reply, Services were 11 for no loss with skipper Soomik Chatarjee batting on six while the other opener Praitk Desai retired hurt on four.
Assam: 182 all out in 78.3 overs (Tarjinder Singh 29, Pallav Kumar Das 27; Suraj Yadav 4/58). Services: 11 for no loss (Soomik Chatarjee 6 not out).
- One card for Metro, DTC and cluster buses gets Lt-Governor’s green light
- Tech graduate shoots at man ‘talking loudly’
- Gun attack kills 3 in eastern Ukraine, breaks Easter truce
- ED acting at behest of PC: Bengal govt
- Delhi policemen beaten up in Pataudi village
- J&K cops leave poll staff ‘stuck in snow, fly away with EVMs’