Ranji trophy: Services reach 71/4 chasing 134 against Jammu and Kashmir
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Hosts Services require 63 more runs to win with six wickets remaining as they chase a paltry target of 134 against Jammu and Kashmir in a Group C match of the Ranji Trophy here today.
At stumps on the penultimate day, Services were 71 for four with their batting mainstay and former IPL player Yashpal Singh undefeated on 40 in company of first innings centurion Rajat Paliwal who is batting on five.
Earlier, starting the day at 136 for six, Jammu and Kashmir produced a much-improved performance from their dismal first innings score of 85 as they finished their second essay on 269.
The decent score was attainable largely due to the 99-run seventh wicket partnership between Manik Gupta (58) and Ram Dayal (62) after the visitors were reduced to 112 for six.
Once Gupta was out after hitting nine boundaries in his 174-ball knock, Waseem Raza also played his part scoring an unbeaten 29. Dayal's 62 came off 153 balls with five boundaries.
For Services, Nishan Singh grabbed five for 73 while Suraj Yadav toom four for 79.
Jammu and Kashmir 85 & 269 (Ram Dayal 58, Manik Gupta 62, Nishan Singh 5/73, Suraj Yadav 4/79).