Ranji trophy: Services reach 71/4 chasing 134 against Jammu and Kashmir
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Hosts Services require 63 more runs to win with six wickets remaining as they chase a paltry target of 134 against Jammu and Kashmir in a Group C match of the Ranji Trophy here today.
At stumps on the penultimate day, Services were 71 for four with their batting mainstay and former IPL player Yashpal Singh undefeated on 40 in company of first innings centurion Rajat Paliwal who is batting on five.
Earlier, starting the day at 136 for six, Jammu and Kashmir produced a much-improved performance from their dismal first innings score of 85 as they finished their second essay on 269.
The decent score was attainable largely due to the 99-run seventh wicket partnership between Manik Gupta (58) and Ram Dayal (62) after the visitors were reduced to 112 for six.
Once Gupta was out after hitting nine boundaries in his 174-ball knock, Waseem Raza also played his part scoring an unbeaten 29. Dayal's 62 came off 153 balls with five boundaries.
For Services, Nishan Singh grabbed five for 73 while Suraj Yadav toom four for 79.
Jammu and Kashmir 85 & 269 (Ram Dayal 58, Manik Gupta 62, Nishan Singh 5/73, Suraj Yadav 4/79).
- A youth leader takes on Congress veteran in the NE primary
- On Women’s Day, ECI holds special campaign to woo women voters
- Disgruntled Aam Aadmi Party worker smears ink on Yogendra Yadav’s face
- Welfare Party of India fields candidates in 18 seats
- Mid-day meal workers clash with police, a few injured
- Indigo plane catches fire on landing, none hurt