Ranji trophy: Services score 473 in first innings against Goa
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Arvind Kejriwal set to launch Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha poll campaign tomorrow at Rohtak
- Mata Amritanandamayi dismiss allegations against her ashram
- In Arunachal, Narendra Modi warns China against âexpansionistâ plans
- Sushma Swaraj on Rahul Gandhi's anti-graft efforts: Sau chuhe kha ke billi haj ko chali
Riding on two centuries by Soumik Chatterjee and Yashpal Singh, Services posted a massive 473 in their first innings and then reduced Goa to 64 for one on the second day of their Group C Ranji Trophy match here today.
Having started the day on 284 for four, overnight batsman Yashpal Singh, who resumed on 92, scored an unbeaten ton to take the team past 470-run mark. He also put on three crucial partnerships with different batsmen in the entire day.
After Services lost the other overnight batsman, Rajat Paliwal and Nakul Verma (1) early on the day, Yashpal and Khalid consolidated the visitors' innings.
Paliwal, who started on 23, though could add just 19 runs more today before he fell for a well-made 42 off 85 balls, studded with six boundaries, his fifth wicket stand with Yashpal yielded 83 runs.
Yashpal and Khalid put on a 62-run together for the seventh wicket before the former shared another fruitful partnership of 71 runs for the ninth wicket with Suraj Yadav.
Khalid hit 86-ball 35 and Suraj scored 45 off 72 balls.
Yashpal held fort till he ran out of partners at the other end to remain stranded at an unbeaten 166 off 313 balls, laced with 14 fours and a six. He spent 497 minutes at the crease.
For Goa, Shadab Jakati was the pick of the bowlers with four for 100.
In reply to Services' huge first innings total, Goa lost opener Sagun Kamat for 28.
When stumps were drawn, Swapnil Asnodkar was batting on 17 and Amogh Desai was not out on 16.
Services: 473 all out in 153 overs (Yashpal Singh not out 166, Soumik Chatterjee 103; Shadab Jakati 4/100, Saurabh Bandekar 3/101).
Goa: 64 for one in 27 overs (Sagun Kamat 28; Avishek Sinha 1/10).
- Singhal: Hindus should have at least 5 children
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Pakistani prisoner found hanging in Jammu jail
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- On false cases, don’t discriminate between Muslims and others: Purohit writes to Shinde
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers | The Indian Express