Ranji trophy: Suresh Raina scores ton, three points for UP
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Skipper Suresh Raina finally found some form, scoring up an unbeaten century on the fourth and final day, as Uttar Pradesh collected three points from their Group B Ranji Trophy match against Vidarbha here today.
Uttar Pradesh got the points on the basis of taking the first-innings lead, while Vidarbha had one.
After bowling out Vidarbha for 308 on the fourth and final day, Uttar Pradesh were 175 for three in their second innings when stumps were drawn at the Vidarbha Cricket Association Ground.
Opening the innings instead of batting at his usual number four position, Raina spent 199 minutes in the middle, faced 167 balls and hit 13 fours and two sixes. The India left-hander remained unconquered on 105
Hemang Badani top-scored for the hosts with a knock of 76, even as Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Imtiaz Ahmed took three wickets apiece for Uttar Pradesh.
Uttar Pradesh: 548 and 175 for three in 51 overs (Suresh Raina not out 105, Mohammad Kaif 42)
Vidarbha 1st innings: 308 all out in 102.3 overs (Hemang Badani 76; B Kumar 3/41, Imtiaz Ahmed 3/45).
Points: Uttar Pradesh 3, Vidarbha 1.