Ranji trophy: Suresh Raina scores ton, three points for UP
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Skipper Suresh Raina finally found some form, scoring up an unbeaten century on the fourth and final day, as Uttar Pradesh collected three points from their Group B Ranji Trophy match against Vidarbha here today.
Uttar Pradesh got the points on the basis of taking the first-innings lead, while Vidarbha had one.
After bowling out Vidarbha for 308 on the fourth and final day, Uttar Pradesh were 175 for three in their second innings when stumps were drawn at the Vidarbha Cricket Association Ground.
Opening the innings instead of batting at his usual number four position, Raina spent 199 minutes in the middle, faced 167 balls and hit 13 fours and two sixes. The India left-hander remained unconquered on 105
Hemang Badani top-scored for the hosts with a knock of 76, even as Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Imtiaz Ahmed took three wickets apiece for Uttar Pradesh.
Uttar Pradesh: 548 and 175 for three in 51 overs (Suresh Raina not out 105, Mohammad Kaif 42)
Vidarbha 1st innings: 308 all out in 102.3 overs (Hemang Badani 76; B Kumar 3/41, Imtiaz Ahmed 3/45).
Points: Uttar Pradesh 3, Vidarbha 1.