Ranji Trophy: Tiwary completes century; Andhra fights back
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Saurabh Tiwary scored a magnificent 119 to help Jharkhand post a decent 257 in their first innings before Andhra Pradesh made a good reply in the Ranji Trophy Group C match at Railway stadium, here today.
Tiwary, who began at his overnight score of 73, and Shahbaz Nadeem (51) shared a crucial 74-run stand for the eighth wicket to put their side in a position from where they could fight.
In reply, Andhra reached 132 for four with Amol Majumdar (41) and AG Pradeep (38) putting up an unconquered 78-run stand for the fifth wicket.
Their stand rescued the visitors as they were reeling at 54 for four at one stage.
Jharkhand 1st innings: 257 all out in 106.4 overs. (S Tiwary 119, S Nadeem 51; S Sahabudin 4/39)
Andhra 1st innings: 132 for 4 in 45 overs. (A Majumdar 41 batting; Saunnt Gupta 2/45).