Ranji Trophy: Tiwary completes century; Andhra fights back
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
Saurabh Tiwary scored a magnificent 119 to help Jharkhand post a decent 257 in their first innings before Andhra Pradesh made a good reply in the Ranji Trophy Group C match at Railway stadium, here today.
Tiwary, who began at his overnight score of 73, and Shahbaz Nadeem (51) shared a crucial 74-run stand for the eighth wicket to put their side in a position from where they could fight.
In reply, Andhra reached 132 for four with Amol Majumdar (41) and AG Pradeep (38) putting up an unconquered 78-run stand for the fifth wicket.
Their stand rescued the visitors as they were reeling at 54 for four at one stage.
Jharkhand 1st innings: 257 all out in 106.4 overs. (S Tiwary 119, S Nadeem 51; S Sahabudin 4/39)
Andhra 1st innings: 132 for 4 in 45 overs. (A Majumdar 41 batting; Saunnt Gupta 2/45).
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer