Ranjit Sinha, Senior IPS officer appointed CBI Director: official sources
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- PMO says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
Senior IPS officer Ranjit Sinha was today appointed as the the next Director of Central Bureau of Investigation for a two-year term.
Sinha, a 1974 batch officer of Bihar cadre, is presently Director General of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) force.
He also headed the Railway Protection Force and served at senior positions in the CBI in Patna and Delhi.
An official order put out this evening said Sinha has been appointed as CBI Director for a "period of two years from the date of assumption of office." He will take over charge from present CBI Director A P Singh who is retiring on November 30.
Sinha, having an illustrious carrer spanning over 37-years, has served in CBI as DIG in Patna and Joint Director (Anti corruption) and Joint Director (administration) at its headquarters here.
An MPhil from Indian Institute of Public Administration here, Sinha is an avid reader and writer and regular contributor on police-related issued in various journals and magazines.
A recipient of Police Medal for Meritorious Service and the President¿s Police Medal for Distinguished Service, Sinha has served as SSP at Ranchi, Madhubani and Saharsa districts and also as DIG of naxal-affected Magadh Range in Bihar.
He has also served in CRPF as IG (Operations) in Srinagar and IG (Personnel) in Delhi.
Sinha's name was cleared by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh from a panel of three IPS officers shortlisted for selecting the next head of the country's premier investigating agency.
A Central Vigilance Commissioner-headed selection committee had shortlisted three senior IPS officials including Sinha, Director General of National Investigation Agency S C Sinha (Haryana:1975), and UP DG (Home Guards) Atul (UP:1976) for consideration for the post.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer