Ranveer Singh: 'Gunday' is the kind of film I have grown up watching
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Ranveer Singh From being an unabashed Gujarati Romeo in Ram Leela, Ranveer Singh - the newest entrant in the 100 crore club - is continuing his dramatic stint with Gunday. With the promo of the film meeting with an all around positive response, Ranveer Singh is gearing up for a good start to 2014 with its Valentine's Day release. Not just that as after a gap of two films, he would be returning to Yash Raj Films.
"It is a homecoming of sorts for him," says a close associate, "After debuting with YRF's Band Baaja Baaraat and following it up with Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl, he experimented with Lootera and Ram-Leela with outside production houses. Now with Gunday, it is back to a familiar set up."
Something that truly charges up Ranveer even during the conversation.
"Yes indeed," he smiles, "I have worked with people at Yash Raj for so many years and know the unit. The camaraderie is go good and the people around me really young. Like my director Ali Abbas Zafar is one of the brightest new guys you would find in the industry. One thing that I can take from Gunday is that when there is good energy, it shows."
However insiders insinuate that there was a little too much energy on the sets of Gunday, courtesy Arjun Kapoor being a parallel male lead as well who has a point to prove. With Yash Raj putting its money on both Ranveer and Arjun, it is expected that the game of one upmanship was constantly being played between the two actors right through the film's shoot. "Nahi, aisa nahi hota hai," shrugs away Ranveer.
No wonder, Ranveer is happy with the kind of response coming his way ever since the promo has been unveiled online.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express