Rao named new BHEL chairman
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Prime Minister's office has approved an order naming BHEL's current director of industrial systems and products BP Rao, as the state-owned navaratna's newest chairman and managing director. The decision was made after a year of inter-governmental politics which led to a shift in employment requirements for the position, ultimately resulting in Rao's appointment.
Rao has spent all the 33 years of his professional career with BHEL, starting as a trainee in Bangalore and moving up the ranks. He will take charge on Thursday.