Rao named new BHEL chairman
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
The Prime Minister's office has approved an order naming BHEL's current director of industrial systems and products BP Rao, as the state-owned navaratna's newest chairman and managing director. The decision was made after a year of inter-governmental politics which led to a shift in employment requirements for the position, ultimately resulting in Rao's appointment.
Rao has spent all the 33 years of his professional career with BHEL, starting as a trainee in Bangalore and moving up the ranks. He will take charge on Thursday.