Rao named new BHEL chairman
- A father-daughter angle in latest IPL conflict of interest
- Modi govt clears projects but where are the orders?
- Markets lower expectations: Analysts re-rate mid-term forecast for stock market indices
- AAP rebels get the boot but it’s Ashish Khetan kicking and screaming
- Crew have ‘verbally’ admitted they are Pak nationals: Coast Guard
The Prime Minister's office has approved an order naming BHEL's current director of industrial systems and products BP Rao, as the state-owned navaratna's newest chairman and managing director. The decision was made after a year of inter-governmental politics which led to a shift in employment requirements for the position, ultimately resulting in Rao's appointment.
Rao has spent all the 33 years of his professional career with BHEL, starting as a trainee in Bangalore and moving up the ranks. He will take charge on Thursday.