Rapacious loan shark takes man's wife over unpaid debt
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Special circumstances forced govt to take ordinance route: Salman Khurshid
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
A creditor detained his debtor's wife in his house, demanding clearance of his dues, in Macherla town of Guntur district yesterday, the police said.
A drunkard called D Gopala Reddi had borrowed Rs 50,000 from S Lakshmanaih three years ago and then gone missing, after which his wife Vijayamma was forced to vacate her rented house in Macherla six months ago and settle in a nearby village, eking out a livelihood as a daily wage earner.
Yesterday, when she visited her former landlord, Lakshmaniah, from whom her husband had borrowed money, came to know about her arrival.
He stormed her former landlord's house, dragged the woman to his house and then confined her there, demanding clearance of her husband's debt, the police said.
The police released her from captivity and took Lakshmaniah into custody, after a media tip-off.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore