Rapacious loan shark takes man's wife over unpaid debt
- India can boycott parliamentary conference, will not invite J-K Assembly Speaker: Pakistan
- Congress stalls GST Bill in Rajya Sabha; Jaitley attacks Sonia, Rahul
- Modi hails Mulayam's support to end logjam in Parliament
- Aadhaar card will be optional for availing social benefit schemes: Supreme Court
- Bombay HC grants anticipatory bail to Teesta Setalvad, husband Javed Anand
A creditor detained his debtor's wife in his house, demanding clearance of his dues, in Macherla town of Guntur district yesterday, the police said.
A drunkard called D Gopala Reddi had borrowed Rs 50,000 from S Lakshmanaih three years ago and then gone missing, after which his wife Vijayamma was forced to vacate her rented house in Macherla six months ago and settle in a nearby village, eking out a livelihood as a daily wage earner.
Yesterday, when she visited her former landlord, Lakshmaniah, from whom her husband had borrowed money, came to know about her arrival.
He stormed her former landlord's house, dragged the woman to his house and then confined her there, demanding clearance of her husband's debt, the police said.