Rape accused Bux refused bail
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK win toss, elect to bat first
A district court in Alipore on Wednesday denied bail to Shahzada Bux, the prime accused in the rape case that led to the death of 33-year-old activist Mir Amirul Islam.
Bux who was arrested in connection with the rape of a minor will continue to remain in judicial custody.
Meanwhile, the investigative team of the Anti-Rowdy Section once again visited Amirul's residence and recorded the statement of his friend Parvez, one of the four named by Bux in a case of robbery by Bux's wife after Amirul and his friend took up the case of the rape victim. "We have been cooperating with the police. While we as the complainant had to sit for four hours, answering to their questions, will the police subject the officers who drove Amirul to commit suicide to a similar interrogation?" said Anwar.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota