Rape accused walks free after victim, witness turn hostile
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
A Chandigarh court on Friday acquitted a rape accused of all charges after the victim and a witness turned hostile in the case. Sessions Judge S K Aggarwal acquitted Tarun Kumar (30) , accused of allegedly raping his 14-year-old sister-in-law after the minor and her mother, who is a complainant in the case, turned hostile.
The case dates back to October 2, last year, when a 14-year-old girl told her mother that Tarun had allegedly sexually assaulted her in a garage in Indira Colony, Modern Complex, Manimajra.
According to the initial police complaint, Kumar was in an inebriated condition when he came to the victim's house in the evening. He allegedly threatened the minor and and took her to an empty garage, where he allegedly sexually assaulted her. He then threatened her of dire consequences if she informed anybody about the incident
The minor then allegedly told her mother about the incident following which a complaint was lodged. A medical examination of th" "victim" confirmed rape. Tarun was booked on charges of rape and criminal intimidation.
Tarun Kumar, is a resident of Panchkula and worked as a driver. As per the police, Kumar has an eight-year-old daughter and his wife had left him a month-and-a-half back before the incident following an altercation.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words