Rape charge: Court breather for bureaucrat
- Lok Sabha elections: 11 parties come together to defeat Cong, counter Modi, say they are the 'first front'
- RJD rebellion fizzles out, Lalu Prasad takes nine MLAs to Speaker
- Shinde does a u-turn, says he meant to 'crush' social media, not electronic media
- Supreme Court rejects exemption plea, Subrata Roy to appear tomorrow
- AAP gears up for LS polls, party to add gas pricing issue in manifesto to target BJP, Cong
A SESSIONS COURT in Kalyan Thursday granted interim protection to a state revenue and forest department official accused by a Thane district official of having sexually exploited her.
Responding to an anticipatory bail application filed by V B Latke, the court has directed he should not be arrested till April 26. Latke is under-secretary, state revenue and forest department.
The victim, a final year law student, has alleged that Latke had sexual relations with her for several years after promising marriage but later refused to. An FIR has been filed against Latke under IPC sections pertaining to rape, outraging the modesty of a woman and criminal intimidation.
Sex racket busted, 2 women among 5 held
Thane Rural Police Saturday arrested five persons for allegedly trying to force women from their own families into prostitution. The arrests were made in a joint operation by the local police, the social service branch and an NGO and four girls were rescued, police said.
Navghar police said the accused — two women and three men — were arrested from a hotel near Mira Road flyover.
"Posing as a brothel owner, one of our men arranged a meeting at the hotel," said senior inspector Dinkar Pingle. Pingle said one of the accused women was the mother of two of the victims, who are minors, while the other accused woman was her sister. Two of the three men were trying to sell their own wives, while the third was a friend.
- At 23, the Indian creator of the smart ring is the youngest to address Mobile World Congress
- Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) joins hand with BJP
- Kejriwal letter questions Rahul on gas pricing, Ambani links
- Man immolates self in front of Assam secretariat
- Ex-Armyman, ISI spy for 2 years, held
- NIA nabs 2 from UP for blasts at Modi’s rally