Rape of classmate: Two boys sent to juvenile jail for 14 days
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Mumbai Indians take on KKR in opener
After arresting both the minors accused for allegedly raping their classmate yesterday, the police produced them before the special juvenile court.
The court has sent them to the Borstal children jail for 14 days.
The Division number 5 SHO Shavinder Singh Dhillon told Newsline that while one accused had been arrested yesterday afternoon itself, the second boy was arrested late in the evening. "Both these boys are below 18 years of age. The victim is also under 18," SHO Dhillon said.
The girl was reportedly raped in the playground of the Government College for Boys yesterday afternoon. A medical examination at the Civil Hospital had confirmed rape.