Rape of classmate: Two boys sent to juvenile jail for 14 days
- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
After arresting both the minors accused for allegedly raping their classmate yesterday, the police produced them before the special juvenile court.
The court has sent them to the Borstal children jail for 14 days.
The Division number 5 SHO Shavinder Singh Dhillon told Newsline that while one accused had been arrested yesterday afternoon itself, the second boy was arrested late in the evening. "Both these boys are below 18 years of age. The victim is also under 18," SHO Dhillon said.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment