Rape of classmate: Two boys sent to juvenile jail for 14 days
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
After arresting both the minors accused for allegedly raping their classmate yesterday, the police produced them before the special juvenile court.
The court has sent them to the Borstal children jail for 14 days.
The Division number 5 SHO Shavinder Singh Dhillon told Newsline that while one accused had been arrested yesterday afternoon itself, the second boy was arrested late in the evening. "Both these boys are below 18 years of age. The victim is also under 18," SHO Dhillon said.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully