Rape of classmate: Two boys sent to juvenile jail for 14 days
- US court dismisses Devyani Khobragade's indictment in visa fraud case
- CBI chief for closing Lalu cases, director of prosecution doesnât agree
- Ditched by Anna, Mamata rallies â around herself
- AAPâs existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
- Maoist attack: gaps between official version, facts on ground
After arresting both the minors accused for allegedly raping their classmate yesterday, the police produced them before the special juvenile court.
The court has sent them to the Borstal children jail for 14 days.
The Division number 5 SHO Shavinder Singh Dhillon told Newsline that while one accused had been arrested yesterday afternoon itself, the second boy was arrested late in the evening. "Both these boys are below 18 years of age. The victim is also under 18," SHO Dhillon said.
The girl was reportedly raped in the playground of the Government College for Boys yesterday afternoon. A medical examination at the Civil Hospital had confirmed rape.