Rape of grown-up girls may be understandable but assault on infants unimaginable, says BJP MP Ramesh Bais
- Congress, SP, BSP indulging in "WWF-like fights in UP: Modi
- Narendra Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager: L K Advani
- Pakistan bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: FIR against Amit Shah for hate speech in Bijnore; Modi to file nomination papers from Vadodara LS seat on the 9th
- India vs Sri Lanka Live Cricket Score: Rain delays final; toss at 7: 10 pm, play at 7: 40 pm
A BJP MP today said the rape of grown-up girls and women might be understandable but if someone does this to an infant, he should be hanged.
He said rape of minor is a heinous crime and those who commits such crime should be hanged.
"The rape of grown-up girls and women might be understandable but if someone does this to an infant, it is a heinous crime and the offenders should be hanged (barabari ya bade logo ke sath balatkar samajh me ata hai, lekin nabalig bachhiyo ke sath is tarah ka jaghanya apradh karma. Inko to fasi par latka dena chahiye)", MP Ramesh Bais told reporters referring to the rape case involving minor inmates of a government-run residential school in Kanker district of the state.
Asked about the MP's remarks, the state's main opposition Congress said assault on women, whether she is a child or a grown-up, is a heinous crime.
Congress spokesman Shailesh Nitin Trivedi said "assault on anyone is a heinous crime. The statement (of Bais) is objectionable and we condemn this".
Bais said the incident like the one in Kanker happened in several places but they were not reported.
"Just terminating the employees will not bring back the honour of the victims. The accused in the case should be given stringent punishment", Bais said.
"The incident of Delhi gang rape has rocked everyone to think over such crimes. The incident of Chhattisgarh is a matter of shame," the MP said.
The MP also suspected the involvement of senior officials and claimed that for the past several months the girls were being sexually assaulted and the concerned officials were unaware of it.
The incident of sexual assault on minor inmates of the government-run residential school for tribal girls in Jhaliyamari village of Kanker district came to light last
- Rahul slams BJP over corruption and communalism
- BJP welcomes tacit support of DMK chief's son Alagiri
- Ram temple matter of faith for BJP; focus on development issues: Uma Bharti
- Congress policies promoting growth of communal forces: Sitaram Yechury
- All Muslim bodies supporting Congress: Chidambaram
- No alliance with Congress in 5 assembly seats: Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death