Rape of Spaniard: Cops get custody of accused till Monday
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
The Bandra police, investigating the case of rape and robbery of a 27-year-old Spanish national at her residence in Perry Cross Road, Bandra (West), have got custody of the accused, Mohammed Ismail Ansari, till November 12.
The investigating officers submitted the remand request, asking for Ansari's police custody to recover the evidences of crime and corroborate circumstantial evidence.
"The victim identified Ansari in the identification parade on Thursday. We had asked for his police custody, which we got," said a police inspector from Bandra police station.
Ansari will now be taken to Bandra lock-up from Arthur Road Jail, where his ID parade had been conducted. The victim, who had come to Mumbai six months ago to learn Indian classical music, was supposed to identify whether the accused was the one who had raped her.
Ansari alias Badshah was arrested and presented before the magistrate on Wednesday, where the police asked for his judicial custody to conduct the ID parade as the victim said she wanted to return to Germany as soon as possible.
Senior police officers from Bandra said the ID parade was done in presence of the Special Executive Officer and the victim was shown a few men, including the arrested man through CCTV camera.