Rape victim operated upon, reproductive organ removed
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Girl raped nine days ago, told father on Wed.
A day after a 14-year-old girl was admitted to the hospital in critical condition after she was allegedly raped by three people on January 28, doctors at the Amritsar Medical College and Hospital removed a reproductive organ through a surgery. The doctors also did not rule out septicemia and gangrene as well.
Though she was raped nine days ago, she told her parents about the incident only on Wednesday, following severe stomach pain, police said.
A resident of a village falling under Lohian police station, the girl told her father that on the night of January 28, when she went outside her house, she was picked up by the three men and taken to a spot where they raped her. They later abandoned her there. After coming to know about the incident, the father reported the matter to the police.
According to the police, the girl was suffering from severe bleeding and stomach pain and was confined to bed for many days. The mother of the girl claimed a doctor who had come to treat her told them that to take her to a hospital.
The girl was initially taken to to Nakodar Civil Hospital, from there she was referred to Jalandhar Civil Hospital. Late on Wednesday night, she was shifted to the Amritsar hospital.