Rape victimís family to meet President, demand CBI probe
- Elections LIVE: Muthalik shown the door by BJP hours after his appointment
- France has images of possible jet debris: Malaysia
- Sharad Pawar encourages party workers to vote twice in Lok Sabha polls
- Thane shocker: 24-year-old woman brutalised for refusing to enter flesh-trade
- India vs West Indies Live Cricket Score: After losing Dhawan early, India cruise in modest chase
The family of the 16-year-old Madhyagram gangrape victim will meet President Pranab Mukherjee on January 7 and are likely to demand a CBI probe.
The father of the victim claimed the family has lost faith in the state police and administration.
"We have lost faith in the state police and administration. They are not cooperating with us. They did not even send a forensic team to the house where my daughter was set on fire. They are trying to destroy all evidence, so that the culprits walk free from jail after being acquitted in court. We will meet President Pranab Mukherjee and demand a CBI probe into the case," said father of the victim.
The family Saturday went to their rented house near the Dum Dum airport which was sealed by the police since the day the victim died and went to the airport police station as they were yet to receive the copy of the FIR, lodged after the victim was allegedly set on fire.
Bihar BJP women delegation meet victim's parents
Kolkata: Amid the controversy over the Bihar government sending a senior police official to meet the victim's family, a team of six women BJP leaders from Bihar and Bengal Saturday also visited the family. The delegation was led by Kiran Ghai, former national vice-president of BJP. The team included former minister of BJP, Renu Devi, Nilam Agasti, secretary of Bihar BJP, Sushmita Sahoo, president Mahila Morcha of Bihar BJP, Jyotsna Banerjee, national executive member from Bengal, BJP leader Ritesh Tiwari and Gauri Chakraborty, BJP leader from Bengal.
- Mamata slams Cong, BJP for passing Telangana Bill
- Mollah calls for Muslim-Dalit ‘Maha Jot’ to defeat Left, TMC
- Didi releases party manifestos, reflects ‘national ambition’
- Rs 700-crore hawala racket busted, Surat trader’s home, office raided
- Just a click away, one stop data on over 10 lakh criminals
- The age of individualism