Rape victimís family to meet President, demand CBI probe
- Arunachal crisis: SC to hear Congress plea against President's rule at 2 pm
- 6 years later, the admission — ‘Yes, I shot him dead, he was unarmed, officer told me to’
- India is doing great, nobody talks about it, says Donald Trump
- NFHS report reveals 50% children under five years anaemic in West Bengal
- Toyota sells 10.15 million vehicles in 2015, remains world's biggest automaker
The family of the 16-year-old Madhyagram gangrape victim will meet President Pranab Mukherjee on January 7 and are likely to demand a CBI probe.
The father of the victim claimed the family has lost faith in the state police and administration.
"We have lost faith in the state police and administration. They are not cooperating with us. They did not even send a forensic team to the house where my daughter was set on fire. They are trying to destroy all evidence, so that the culprits walk free from jail after being acquitted in court. We will meet President Pranab Mukherjee and demand a CBI probe into the case," said father of the victim.
The family Saturday went to their rented house near the Dum Dum airport which was sealed by the police since the day the victim died and went to the airport police station as they were yet to receive the copy of the FIR, lodged after the victim was allegedly set on fire.
Bihar BJP women delegation meet victim's parents
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU