Raped teenager dies following suicide attempt
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
A teenager, who had attempted suicide after being raped three days back in the city, succumbed at the Civil hospital here, police said today.
The 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her relative, identified as Swapnil Vijay Yashwante, on December 13 when she was alone at her home in Shindegaon area of the city.
The same day, the victim tried to commit suicide by setting herself on fire.
She had received 70 per cent burns and died at the Nashik Civil hospital last evening, police said.