Raped teenager dies following suicide attempt
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
A teenager, who had attempted suicide after being raped three days back in the city, succumbed at the Civil hospital here, police said today.
The 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her relative, identified as Swapnil Vijay Yashwante, on December 13 when she was alone at her home in Shindegaon area of the city.
The same day, the victim tried to commit suicide by setting herself on fire.
She had received 70 per cent burns and died at the Nashik Civil hospital last evening, police said.
The accused was arrested on December 14 and is presently in police custody till December 18, they added.