Raped teenager dies following suicide attempt
- Media running 'false' news to tarnish Vasundhara Raje's image: CM office
- NIA says no 'issuance of inappropriate briefing by any officer'
- ‘Emergency one of India’s darkest periods,’ says PM Modi
- Lakhvi release: Pak says India politicising UNSC sanctions committee
- AAP unveils Rs.41,129 crore Delhi's 'Swaraj' budget
A teenager, who had attempted suicide after being raped three days back in the city, succumbed at the Civil hospital here, police said today.
The 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her relative, identified as Swapnil Vijay Yashwante, on December 13 when she was alone at her home in Shindegaon area of the city.
The same day, the victim tried to commit suicide by setting herself on fire.
She had received 70 per cent burns and died at the Nashik Civil hospital last evening, police said.
The accused was arrested on December 14 and is presently in police custody till December 18, they added.