Raped teenager dies following suicide attempt
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
A teenager, who had attempted suicide after being raped three days back in the city, succumbed at the Civil hospital here, police said today.
The 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her relative, identified as Swapnil Vijay Yashwante, on December 13 when she was alone at her home in Shindegaon area of the city.
The same day, the victim tried to commit suicide by setting herself on fire.
She had received 70 per cent burns and died at the Nashik Civil hospital last evening, police said.
The accused was arrested on December 14 and is presently in police custody till December 18, they added.