Raped teenager dies following suicide attempt
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi slams Jayanti Natarajan; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Elections 2014 Phase 5: The five big battles
A teenager, who had attempted suicide after being raped three days back in the city, succumbed at the Civil hospital here, police said today.
The 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her relative, identified as Swapnil Vijay Yashwante, on December 13 when she was alone at her home in Shindegaon area of the city.
The same day, the victim tried to commit suicide by setting herself on fire.
She had received 70 per cent burns and died at the Nashik Civil hospital last evening, police said.
The accused was arrested on December 14 and is presently in police custody till December 18, they added.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18