Rapid Metro has a 21-year-old woman in the driverís seat
- Survivors unlikely onboard missing IAF aircraft AN-32: MoS Defence
- Selfie Gold goes to Sports Minister Vijay Goel but Rio panel isn’t amused
- Prakash Javadekar accepts what Smriti Irani rejected: PMO idea to let IIMs choose their chiefs
- In standoff with SC on judges’ postings, Govt digs its heels in
- Should bury data, said Ranbaxy chief when R&D head revealed fudge: Tribunal order
A documentary on the Delhi Metro changed the life of 21-year-old Priya Sachan, a woman from Akbarpur in Uttar Pradesh.
She was fascinated by the Metro and is now the first woman operator of the Gurgaon Rapid Metro, which is to be completed by March.
"A show on Discovery channel got me very interested in the Metro. I moved to Delhi for my graduation in electronics from Delhi University and I commuted in the Metro for three years. I fell in love with the Metro," Priya told Newsline.
This achievement has made her family proud and she has already set her targets for the job.
"Working in the Metro control centre is my ultimate goal. I am getting trained as an operator and a station controller," said Sachan.
She passed her Class X board examination in Akbarpur and Class XII from Kanpur. She moved to Delhi three years ago for graduation.
She has been commuting in the Metro ever since. Even now, she takes the Metro to Gurgaon every day for her training.
Priya says she feels proud to be the first woman operator of the Rapid Metro and says officials have been very supportive.
Sachan's father is a businessman while her mother works in the health department of the government. She has an elder sister and a younger brother.
- All parties meet about Kashmir. But are they prepared to hear the Kashmiris?
- Wang Yi’s Delhi visit is an occasion to start a conversation with Beijing
- India needs to build legal expertise to press its case in international maritime disputes
- Blockchain and distributed ledger technology can make the state more accountable
- She has not let anyone down. The people of India have let down Irom Sharmila
- Triple talaq: Indian Muslims must find a solution in accordance with the teachings and spirit of Islam