Rapid Metro has a 21-year-old woman in the driverís seat
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- Modi would have ousted Vajpayee just like Jaswant, Advani: Rahul Gandhi
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR take on KXIP in battle of equals
A documentary on the Delhi Metro changed the life of 21-year-old Priya Sachan, a woman from Akbarpur in Uttar Pradesh.
She was fascinated by the Metro and is now the first woman operator of the Gurgaon Rapid Metro, which is to be completed by March.
"A show on Discovery channel got me very interested in the Metro. I moved to Delhi for my graduation in electronics from Delhi University and I commuted in the Metro for three years. I fell in love with the Metro," Priya told Newsline.
This achievement has made her family proud and she has already set her targets for the job.
"Working in the Metro control centre is my ultimate goal. I am getting trained as an operator and a station controller," said Sachan.
She passed her Class X board examination in Akbarpur and Class XII from Kanpur. She moved to Delhi three years ago for graduation.
She has been commuting in the Metro ever since. Even now, she takes the Metro to Gurgaon every day for her training.
Priya says she feels proud to be the first woman operator of the Rapid Metro and says officials have been very supportive.
Sachan's father is a businessman while her mother works in the health department of the government. She has an elder sister and a younger brother.