'Rapist' burnt to death by victim, family in Madhya Pradesh
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A 25-year-old woman and her family have been accused of burning to death the woman's alleged rapist in Madhya Pradesh's Katni district on Thursday.
Sanjeev alias Raju Vishwakarma, a married man who allegedly abducted and raped the woman in April, died at the district government hospital on Friday morning. Police said he sustained 90 per cent burns. He was out on bail after the police filed a chargesheet in May. Four of his family members are also accused in the case.
Before he succumbed to the burns, Raju told the police that the woman's family called him to their home for an out-of-court settlement on Thursday. Investigating Officer Sanjay Singh said Raju accused the woman's family members of demanding Rs 2 lakh to 'settle' the case, but he told them he could only arrange Rs 1 lakh. Following an altercation, the woman, her mother and two brothers doused him with petrol and set him on fire, he said. The police have booked the four for murder.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express