Rapists robbed a man before picking up victim and friend; 4 held, 2 on the run
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
While the bus had been washed, the police said they were able to pick up enough forensic evidence, such as nail scratchings, DNA, hair.
Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar said the driver of the chartered bus, which was primarily a school bus, was using it for commercial purposes illegally.
He also said that the Delhi Police will seek a fast-track trial in the gangrape case, with daily hearing, so that the accused are punished at the earliest.
While the maximum punishment for this crime is life sentence, the Commissioner added, the Delhi Police will send a proposal for death sentence to the government, given calls for the same.
While doctors have done their best to repair the victim's intestinal injuries, they are concerned about infection. According to Dr B D Athani, Medical Superintendent, Safdarjung Hospital: "In the morning she was drifting in and out of consciousness, and even communicating with us through handwritten notes. By evening however, her blood platelet count dropped and her blood pressure was extremely high."
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress