Rapists should be prosecuted under laws like TADA/POTA: Jagannath Mishra
- Govt will not allow any religious group to incite hatred, says PM Modi
- Miraculous escape for Air India plane with 194 on board
- Sahara moves SC for extension of facilities to Roy in jail
- Eight killed in blast outside police complex in Pakistan
- World Cup 2015: Supreme Court asks Prasar Bharti to examine feasibility of a new channel
Former Bihar Chief Minister Jagannath Mishra today suggested that the perpetrators of heinous crime like rape should be treated like "terrorists" and prosecuted in specially designated court under laws akin to TADA and POTA.
"The accused in a rape case should be treated at par with terrorists and should be prosecuted in specially designated court under tough laws akin to TADA and POTA," Mishra said in a letter to President Pranab Mukherjee.
Mishra, who is heading Human Rights Protection Foundation, stressed on setting special courts on the pattern of Family Courts to deal with the crimes against women.
Trial in such cases should be concluded in maximum six months, the senior JD(U) leader said.