Rapists should be stoned to death: Azam Khan
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
Prominent SP leader Mohammad Azam Khan has demanded that rapists should be "stoned" to death in public as per Islamic law, saying capital punishment is much less for such a heinous crime.
Advocating reverting to 'Sangsar', punishment by stoning, the Uttar Pradesh Cabinet Minister made these comments during an interaction with reporters yesterday.
He was asked for a comment on the Delhi gangrape case.
"The capital punishment is much less for an offence like rape. The rapist should be beaten to death by stoning as per Islamic law Sangsar," the minister said.