Rapists should be stoned to death: Azam Khan
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
Prominent SP leader Mohammad Azam Khan has demanded that rapists should be "stoned" to death in public as per Islamic law, saying capital punishment is much less for such a heinous crime.
Advocating reverting to 'Sangsar', punishment by stoning, the Uttar Pradesh Cabinet Minister made these comments during an interaction with reporters yesterday.
He was asked for a comment on the Delhi gangrape case.
"The capital punishment is much less for an offence like rape. The rapist should be beaten to death by stoning as per Islamic law Sangsar," the minister said.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit