Rapists should be stoned to death: Azam Khan
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
- 15th Lok Sabha: Most disrupted session in history
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal writes to Narendra Modi on gas pricing, targets Mukesh Ambani again
Prominent SP leader Mohammad Azam Khan has demanded that rapists should be "stoned" to death in public as per Islamic law, saying capital punishment is much less for such a heinous crime.
Advocating reverting to 'Sangsar', punishment by stoning, the Uttar Pradesh Cabinet Minister made these comments during an interaction with reporters yesterday.
He was asked for a comment on the Delhi gangrape case.
"The capital punishment is much less for an offence like rape. The rapist should be beaten to death by stoning as per Islamic law Sangsar," the minister said.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- The regressive state | The Indian Express