Rashid hangs onto sole lead
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Delhi golfer Rashid Khan held on to his lead in round two of the PGTI Players Championship after carding a sedate one-under-71 at the Aamby Valley Golf Course here today. Rashid's total stands at seven-under 137 at the halfway stage. Abhinav Lohan of Faridabad sparkled with a bogey-free 65 to stay one stroke behind the leader in tied second place along with Harendra Gupta of Chandigarh who shot a 70.
The cut was declared at four-over-148. Fifty-two professionals made the cut. Rashid Khan (66-71) managed to hang on to his overnight lead after posting four birdies and three bogeys in round two. Khan had a slow start to the day as he made pars on the first six holes and bogeyed the seventh after finding the hazard. He got back to level-par for the day, thanks to a fine approach shot on the ninth that set up a seven feet birdie putt.
Rashid then made three-putts on the 10th and 11th to drop bogeys on both the holes. The 21-year-old from the Delhi Golf Club made three birdies on the next five holes to end the day at one-under. His last birdie of the day was a result of a chip-in on the 16th hole. "I did not putt well today. I couldn't convert my opportunities on the greens unlike round one. I lost my way in the middle stages of the round with those two three-putts. However, I managed to comeback well after that to close the day with an under-par score," said Rashid.
Abhinav Lohan (73-65) followed up his first round effort of 73 with a contrasting 65 in round two to climb from overnight tied 36th to tied second place. Lohan, a 10th tee starter, picked up birdies on the 12th and 14th, both par-5 holes, to make early inroads today. He landed his third shot from 65 yards to within four feet of the flag on the 12th.
- BJP Dalit leader mounts pressure on Kejriwal over AAP’s stand on reservation
- PGI gets 10 new glaucoma cases of kids every month
- Balongi: 4 more water samples fail; 3 kids among 4 new patients
- Kejriwal gave ‘misleading information’ about assets, complainant tells court
- Was told not to talk of Jaspal Bhatti… He was my husband, my motivation: Savita
- Delhi EC moots longer polling hours
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress