Ravan's star-studded premiere in London
- Brutal rape, murder of Kerala law student finds echo in Rajya Sabha
- Delhi Police detain 12 JeM terror suspects in overnight raids
- Uttarakhand HC Chief Justice KM Joseph transferred to Andhra Pradesh HC
- Panama Papers: Ajay Devgan took over BVI firm, says government knows
- #PanamaPapersIndia Part 6: Metal scrap dealer to NRIs in USA and Dubai
Mani Ratnam's much-awaited bi-lingual film 'Raavan' had its star-studded world premiere here on Wednesday night which was attended by Bollywood bigwigs like Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan.
Hundreds of film buffs gathered at the BFI, Southbank in London, where the premiere was held, and cheered the Bollywood actors who had gathered for the gala event.
Mani Ratnam, Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai and Vikram were also present at the premiere. The film will simultaneously be released in Tamil and Hindi on Friday.
The 54-year-old director, who made films like 'Roja', 'Dil Se', 'Bombay' and 'Guru', which garnered both critical acclaim and box office success, said the film was done with spirit.
"It is just a few metres away...lets see it," was all
Mani Ratnam said when asked whether Raavan was modern-day 'Ramayanam'.
"It has been done with spirit. We have all worked hard," he said.
- Suffering of millions does not create public outrage, much less govt accountability
- Leicester City’s Premier League triumph is a tale of courage and hard work
- India’s highest civilian award should be given to Zubin Mehta
- Ducking questions on AgustaWestland will not make them go away for Congress
- Suspend your evening debates. Send top anchors to the village
- Behind Bhagat Singh controversy, an attempt to impose one notion of nationalism