Ravan's star-studded premiere in London
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Mani Ratnam's much-awaited bi-lingual film 'Raavan' had its star-studded world premiere here on Wednesday night which was attended by Bollywood bigwigs like Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan.
Hundreds of film buffs gathered at the BFI, Southbank in London, where the premiere was held, and cheered the Bollywood actors who had gathered for the gala event.
Mani Ratnam, Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai and Vikram were also present at the premiere. The film will simultaneously be released in Tamil and Hindi on Friday.
The 54-year-old director, who made films like 'Roja', 'Dil Se', 'Bombay' and 'Guru', which garnered both critical acclaim and box office success, said the film was done with spirit.
"It is just a few metres away...lets see it," was all
Mani Ratnam said when asked whether Raavan was modern-day 'Ramayanam'.
"It has been done with spirit. We have all worked hard," he said.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress