Rave parties: Cyber sleuths to now monitor Facebook, Orkut
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
Patil, who conducted a Janata Darbar to hear public grievances at the Congress party office, said he had instructed the cyber cell to start monitoring social networking sites to curb rave parties. He pointed out that organisers of rave parties coordinate with potential participants through social networking sites such as Facebook and Orkut.
Patil said stern action would be taken against the organisers and the participants for violation of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act. On Sunday, an alleged rave party was busted by the police at a resort in Khalapur off the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.
Police inspector Anil Jadhav, who was at the party, was nabbed along with 290 youth. Contraband seized from the resort included cocaine, ganja and charas. The Raigad police on Tuesday sent the medical examination report of all those held to a chemical laboratory. "It's a very lengthy procedure and results will take some time. The blood and urine samples have been sent to the laboratory," said Namrata Patil, Dy SP, Raigad.
Police said Jadhav's history was being probed. "We will have to check as this is a serious matter. Besides, he is an officer from a specialised department and knew what he was getting into. The drugs were kept in the room and were lying open. He had no business being there and getting drunk. He needs to explain how he managed to get inside the resort and get entertained in the rooms booked by the organiser," Patil added.
Another team of officers has left in search of Vicky Shah, one of the alleged organisers of the party. Shah is believed to have been present at the resort when the officers raided the place. He is reportedly an informer of Jadhav and the police are trying to find the nature of their interaction.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held