Ravi Inder puts Punjab in driverís seat
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Punjab opener Ravi Inder Singh hit an unbeaten century (142) to put the team in the driver's seat against Karnataka in the Under- 25 Col CK Nayudu Trophy match played at Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru on Saturday. Himanshu Chawla was also among runs as the talented batsman blasted 82 runs to help Punjab finish the day on a high.
Punjab were 310 for 3 in 90 overs at the end of the day when the stumps were drawn.
Earlier, batting first, Punjab opened the innings with Manan Vohra and Ravi Inder and the duo batted well to put 44 runs for the first wicket before Manan was out for 20. After that, it was all Ravi as he batted with panache and dominated the Karnataka bowlers to remain unbeaten on 142 off 260 deliveries. He hit 18 boundaries and three huge sixes.
Himanshu Chawla also batted well and scored crucial 82 off 162 ball with the help of 12 boundaries and one towering six. He was looking good to reach towards a well-deserved century when he lost concentration and was dismissed. Skipper Taruwar Kohli contributed 29 runs. Amit Prashar was unbeaten on 16. Abrakazi was the most successful bowler for Karnata with 2 for 87.
BRIEF SCORES: Punjab: 310 for 3 in 90 overs (Ravi Inder Singh 142 no, Himanshu Chawla 82, Taruwar Kohli 29, Amit Prashar 16 no, AbraKazi 2 for 87).