RCom in loan talks with China Dev Bank
- India goes to poll in 9 phases between April 7 and May 12; counting on May 16
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
Reliance Communications is in the early stages of talks with state-owned China Development Bank (CDB) for a syndicated loan of $925 million, the same size as the convertible bond, a source said.
The bank is likely to approach other Chinese lenders about syndicating the loan, the source said. Terms are still to be worked out, and a loan is not likely to be launched until February.
Reliance Communications, which has borrowed from the Chinese lender in the past, has also discussed with CDB the possibility of borrowing Chinese currency in India, the person said. CDB arranged loans worth $1.93 billion last March.