RD Birla Award for Dr Arvinder Singh Soin
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
The Bombay Hospital Trust on Saturday awarded the 26 th RD Birla National Award to Padma Shri Dr Arvinder Singh Soin. Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot conferred the honour on Soin, who was received the Padma Shri in 2010 for his pioneering work in liver transplantation. Soin is credited with conducting the most liver transplants in the country. Soin, a chief liver transplant and hepatobiliary surgeon, is also the chairman of Medanta Institute of Liver Transplantation and Regenerative Medicine, The Medicity, Delhi NCR and has established two other centres for liver transplantation apart from Medicity at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital and Sir Ganga Ram Hospital. The award, instituted in memory of Rameshwardas Birla, founder chairman of the trust, comprised a memento, a citation and a prize of Rs 5 lakh.